Monday, April 18, 2011

One week down, 11 weeks to go

Well I have had a very successful week. I remained focused and stuck to my nutrition and exercise plan.There were plenty of delicious treats at work which I declined. Looking at those chocolates and cakes I know they will only delay my progress if I eat them. I cannot afford that delay and so I didn't even feel tempted to taste them. A big positive step forward for me!

I have been putting myself first and a couple of times in the past week I have actually excused myself from places so that I could go and eat my planned meal. A couple of friends think I am crazy and I tell them that I am not crazy just determined to take care of my health and that means the fat must be shed.

Today i went shopping and bought a top in a size 14 which is a new size for me as my upper half is normally a size 16 due to the size of my chest. Of course I was in my big daggy clothes and of course the only time you ever see people you know is when your attire is not the best. It didn't help that they were both dressed very nicely, not a hair out of place! One of those moments when you wish the floor would open up and swallow you or better yet they get temporary blindness and can't see you, lol

Yesterday I signed up for the Nail Can Hill Race with my daughter Lauren. We have been practising running/walking the hills so that we can beat last years time. It is great to have my daughter do it with me. Gives us time to chat and catch up on what is happening in her life so that I can keep those communication lines open.

I am still quite sore today so I know my body is going through change. When the going got hard at training this morning I pictured me in those size 10 jeans. I can see it clearly and I know I will reach this goal!
Leaner
Treena

1 comment:

  1. Well I think you are awesome.
    The success will be worth it all and I can visualize you there. Sooner not later.

    ReplyDelete