I knew today was going to be interesting and have several obstacles to overcome.
The first obstacle was the Easter Bunny and all that chocolate that is delivered to dads and children. I left a note requesting my Easter eggs to be given to someone who really needs them so that would mean no eggs for me. Problem solved or so I thought but I didn't count on my daughter and husband. My daughter took her mini solid eggs and rubbed them on my cheek asking me if I wanted one, taunting me to throw my nutrition plan out the window. I told her to take them away and to never do it again! Shortly afterwards my hubby came out with a Cadbury egg and held a piece close to my face offering it to me. My response to him was a little more blunt and rude. So obviously supporting my efforts is not important on Easter Sunday!
The second obstacle was Erik's birthday party. Plenty of chips and chocolates. I took my pepsi max, a shake and water. As we had his party in the park I went for walks around the park to keep my mind focused on great nutrition. So I enjoyed my shake whilst they ate the birthday cake and sipped on my drinks whilst I was around the chocolate and chips. So far so good but I knew that I still had the buffet meal to come.
The third and final obstacle I had was the buffet. This is normally very hard for me as I have a sweet tooth and love desserts. So tonight I did not even acknowledge the dessert section and I focused on the vegetables and proteins. I loaded my plate up with beans, broccoli (lots), cucumber, carrot, salad onion, baby corn and topped it all off with a serve of beef. I ate it slowly whilst my family had their meals and desserts. I had my fish oil tablets in my bag so that made the whole meal very precise. As I walked out with the family I couldn't help but feel wonderful that I had actually not strayed or even felt tempted. A big breakthrough for me:)
I have now proven to myself that I can do anything I really set my mind on. I have really struggled in the past with belief in myself. I know at times I have been my own worst enemy with doubting my ability to achieve things for example getting rid of the fat, improving my self through further education, improving my fitness and even when I was trying to get my drivers licence. So to not fall at the obstacles today has boosted my self confidence big time! I feel fantastic!
Leaner
Treena
No comments:
Post a Comment