Well this past week has been quite a challenge. Training and nutrition has been great but I have gone from being very happy to tears. I keep telling myself the only thing I can control is my nutrition and training and to not let let things get to me that I have no control over.
During the week I got some very upsetting news from my child's school. He was being bullied and was quite depressed about it. My heart just dropped, that a 12year old could be bullied to the point he wanted to hurt himself. Normally I would hit the food big time but not this time. I have moved to a new point where I know that the food will not help me but in fact be a huge setback in my journey, a detour I do not wish to take. Instead I focused on what steps I could take to help my son which was a positive reaction not negative.
I started this week with a painful lower leg and had to go to physiotherapy. After a week of lunges, jump squats, squats, sprints, push ups and skipping I an aching from head to toe. My leg remains painful so much so that next week there will be no skipping or jump squats. It is time to look after it so that it can heal.
Training in the studio was tough. Leg presses with the new change of seat position is just tough and I am making sounds like I never have before. Not very lady like I might add. I am determined to lift 8 clean reps x 2 sets this week. I just need to focus. I will master that incline bench press as well. I just need to focus.
Today my heart is not in it. I am tired, frustrated, fed up and wanting to scream. Scream from pure frustration over many things. Some times I feel like I am living 'Ground Hogs Day' and it can just get to you. There is no fun in my life at this point and that is very sad. I enjoy training, don't get me wrong, but that component of fun is just not there at this time. If I am not training, then I am working or breaking up fights between my boys or running errands or going grocery shopping or trying to catch up on housework.
Does this mean I will not eat properly today, NO! This is my new lifestyle and I wouldn't alter that for anything. After 7 weeks I have no craving for chocolate or any of my old junk food. Will I not turn up to training, NO! I really like Blitz and the boost it gives me for the day and the people at Blitz are so supportive and encouraging!
So here I am 7 weeks down and 5 more to go. I remain focused and can't wait to see the changes my body is undergoing every week. The only thing I need to look into is fun, that will be my next challenge.
Leaner
Treena
No comments:
Post a Comment