Saturday, May 7, 2011

On track

Well I have had a great week with fitting into size 12 jeans with a muffin top, almost vomiting at Blitz on Wednesday, and had my legs smashed during lower body weight training with Josh on Thursday. I had a light intensity activity day on Friday so I went for a walk.

Saturday was very interesting. Started with a great lower body circuit with the Blitz team at 7am, dash home to eat and organise my meals for the day as I had to go to work in the afternoon and then head back to Wodonga for push ups for charity challenge. I set myself a target of 50 push ups a feat I had not managed, ever. In the middle of my 90seconds I developed a pounding headache due to a sinus infection but I continued on and surprised myself with 52 push ups. I was happy to hear that everyone who participated beat their set targets. A great effort to everyone involved. I skipped the BBQ and rushed home to get ready for work and eat an MP meal. When I got to work and sat down to listen to handover I realised I was just a bit tired and that I was in for a long night.

Some of the things I experienced at work on Saturday night and how I  reacted to them have totally changed since I first began training with Physique Essentials. 12months ago I would have run away from conflict, not stood up for myself and not feel confident in dealing with senior doctors, other nurses and difficult relatives. Not last night and the one reason that I know is true: with my increased fitness and body composition changes I feel more confident and feel that people listen to me more now than they did when I was fatter. Along with my physical changes there has been many mental changes. I think I am mentally stronger now and as I push my body to do things I have never done before it flows over into other areas of my life. A very positive side effect of training.

This morning was the 5km Mothers Day Classic Run in Wodonga. Me, my husband, 3 children and my mother all entered this event. I have never run for more than 2km straight without stopping to walk and the same can be said for my daughter. My mum, hubby and two boys walked the course whilst Lauren and I set out with the runners. Somehow it all clicked into place during the first part of the run and Lauren and I got into a rhythm and did not walk except at the drink stations whilst we were drinking water. We were both so happy  and even with dodging around the walkers it was a fantastic moment to cross the line after the last lap and know that we had done our very best run. A very happy moment for me and I was ever so proud of my daughter. After having my post workout shake Lauren  and I found the rest of the family and we walked the last of their race with them. My mum had very painful feet but she persisted and finished that race. I am so proud of her! The boys and hubby still had energy to spare but they did it and that is what was important.

Leaner
Treena

1 comment: