So I have completed the Nail Can Hill Race with The Physique Essential Team. After the initial setback of my daughter hurting her ankle and feeling sick (she retired from the race) I forged ahead and kept telling myself I could do this and set a better time than last year. I spent more time running this year due to my increased fitness courtesy of Josh and Metabolic Blitz. Previous to working with Josh and his team I was a weight watcher and my old leader and I have a rivalry with this race. She has only ever beaten me once and that was last year and boy did I hear about it for weeks afterwards. As I was dealing with my daughter she patted me on the butt and overtook me. With pushing hard I caught her and passed her at the last drink station. By this stage I was very tired but nothing like a bit of rivalry to add life to the old legs. So not only did I beat her but I beat my previous time by 9mins. Both of these made me very happy.
Rocking up to Blitz training this morning I had hope that Josh would take it a bit easy due to residual soreness in my butt and hamstrings/hip. No such mercy was shown and the next 20mins were one of the hardest workouts I have ever done. At least I was not the only Nail Can Hill runner feeling it. I have to admit that halfway through the workout I wanted to tell Josh where to go and stop. The old me would have definitely quit when the going got tough but the new me just thought 'suck it up' and 'size 10 jeans'.
Leaner
Treena
No comments:
Post a Comment