Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Braving Public Change Rooms

What a morning. Started with a very intense Metabolic Blitz session. Sprinting and skipping and if you mucked up the skipping then you had to do a burpee. Lets just say I did a fair few burpees, skipping is not my strong point. Halfway through the session I had visions of me vomiting so went outside during my skipping time. I just kept pushing hard whilst picturing me in size 10 jeans. I cannot remember ever wearing size 10 clothing so this is not only a challenging goal but also a dream of mine.

Having survived Blitz with stomach contents intact I met up with a friend after doing the school run for coffee. She has the coffee and I have the bottle of water. I decided that even though I had some size 12 pants at home that I could do up, with a muffin top showing, that I should try on some of the latest jeans to check my progress. I personally hate changing in those change rooms especially when the 'thin' people come in and put on a real small size and complain how fat they have got. It makes me want to give them a reality slap 'hello size 8 is not fat'. I am sure others have met these people in the change rooms. Anyway I took the size 12 jeans in, a bit anxious that they wouldn't even do up, oh okay I was extremely anxious after all my goal is size 10 in 8 more weeks! Well they did up, my friend used my camera to take a photo to prove it! Yes I have a funny looking muffin top but they still did up without me having to grab a coat hanger and lay on the floor whilst taking deep breaths and sucking in my guts for all they are worth. Don't laugh, desperate people have done that, at home, not in public but I suppose it depends how desperate you are. Not me though just my sister who is younger than me, was thinner than me,  and she did this all the time. I don't think I could have been bothered with the pain from wearing such tight clothing but she did.

Yesterday was my upper body training day and Josh pushed me to my limits. As I sit here typing I can feel the ache from working those muscles hard. Change is happening, yippee :-)

Leaner
Treena

No comments:

Post a Comment