Well another busy week is over.
Nutrition has been spot on. Each meal has contained the essential ingredients. Planning my meals and preparing them every morning for the day is becoming routine. My children think I am mad eating all those vegies but that is ok. I think they will like the results and they certainly like their new fitter mum who can keep up with them when we go to the park.
Josh decided to teach me about a whole new level of intensity and pain. Thursday was lower body weight training. Josh loaded the leg press up with my weight amount (200kgs) and 'encouraged' me to push out 15reps. Those last few reps were hard and I may have groaned with the effort but Josh wasn't finished with me yet. He moved the leg press seat further forward, and made me start again.I could only get out another 5 1/2reps but just moving that seat that inch made a whole lot of difference and hurt like anything. My legs were trashed and there was still lunges (my pet dislike), leg curls and calf raises (one of my favourites) to come. I left feeling fantastic and very pleased with my achievements and a not so gentle hum of throbbing legs. Skiing in the hall at Blitz the next morning was a lot of fun but the burpees and jump squats certainly reminded my legs how sore they were but I managed to push through.
Then this morning's workout in the skate bowl was not only fun but exhausting. Skipping (not good at it), sprints, squats and that heavy rope challenge was an awesome workout. Ok the rope wasn't that heavy until you tried flicking it a few times, then your core and arms really felt it. One of the best things about today's workout was teaming up with another Blitzer and encouraging each other ( thanks Tim) as well as others providing encouragement thanks Simon, Tina and Co. I think that's what makes it so easy to get out of bed at 5am or 6am, just knowing that a great group of people will be up and training with you.
Leaner
Treena
No comments:
Post a Comment