Saturday, May 14, 2011

Back from the Dark Path

Well after a low start to the week I can say things have been interesting. I chose to not let work and home stresses lead me down the dark path to poor food choices and no exercise. Every morning I was up early preparing my meals for the day, and organising my shakes for training. I had Friday off Blitz as per my training plan so I went for a walk. Some prophetic words from Josh at the start of this program became my mantra for the week which helped me to remain focused on my end goal and not let other strersses interfere in reaching my goals. These words were 'the only thing you can control each day is your nutrition and exercise' and 'every rep counts'. So no matter what else was happening this week I made sure I got my training in and that I ate 6 metabolically precise meals each day.

The cold weather has added a new element to training and eating. It would be so easy to stay in bed at 5am and not go to training but then what would that achieve, nothing. I have never been so cold and I think losing my insulation might have something to do with it. Salads are not as appealing when your freezing (cause you cant put the heater on because the hubby hasn't covered the swampy). I am enjoying salmon with vegetables at the moment. Admittedly the vegies are frozen and zapped in the microwave but that suits my shift worker lifestyle. I usually eat most meals alone and cutting up a bunch of vegetables just seems like a waste of time to me.

A quick thank you to everyone who has been supporting and encouraging me. It really helps when you hear from others that they can see changes either in your  body shape or your  fitness levels as sometimes I can't see it. When you can't see it then your mind starts to sing some negative tunes and that just adds to the stress and can send you back down the dark path. I got a comment from a friend I have not seen for 2 months 'look at you, your stomach apron fat doesn't sit on your legs anymore'. Now as I am quite apple shaped that was a huge compliment.

Week 6 begins tomorrow and that means body composition measurements for the half way point. Always nervous when it comes to being measured.

Leaner
Treena

No comments:

Post a Comment