Thursday, June 2, 2011

A bit further along in my journey to health and fitness

I have to admit that this week I did not dread the change room at Big W as much as I did last time. I took a few deep breaths and tried on a pair of size 12 cargo pants. The fitted with no muffin top! I showed my mum who was with me and lifted my top to prove no muffin top. For the first time my mum actually commented on how good I was looking and that all the training is paying off. This is a first as up until that point she could never see why I finished work at 10pm and got up at 5am to go training. Maybe this might be a turning point in family support or lack there of as the case has been.

I have a very good week nutritionally. Sticking to the plan is actually quite easy once you get yourself prepared. In training I had legs that did not want to lunge or leg press but were very eager to leg curl and calf raise. Being up with my son who had croup in the middle of the night may have had something to do with it. Any way next week is a new week and I will push on.

Metabolic Blitz training in the mornings is a fantastic start to the day. Everywhere you look you can see the changes in other people's physique and that just spurs you on knowing that this works! I still have a painful lower leg so I am not jump squatting or skipping as I want it to heal. This time last year if you had told me I would be jumping out of bed on many mornings to go to early fitness training I would have thought you were crazy and needed a mental health review. Yet now if I can't make it I really miss it. Those first few weeks of my new program where I had to cut back on my cardio training were hard as I was just so used to getting up and working out hard.

The past couple of weeks have been quite hard emotionally for me due to family stresses and due to this I started to have doubts about lots of things including about my current program. Usually under these circumstances I have been well known to go and find my favourite comfort food and sit at home and eat. Not this time as I had this feeling that whilst other things were going bad my training and nutrition was still on track. I didn't want those poor quality foods to hinder my progress. I could not say that I was hungry and needed food. Eating every 2-3hours really curbs your hunger and cuts out cravings. So up until this point I can honestly say I have not deviated from the plan organised for me by Josh.

Today I start holidays and I see this as a way to reduce my stresses, focus on my training and nutrition and finish some compulsory stuff that I have been procrastinating on. It will be great to be able to collect the children from school and spend a bit more time with them and my darling hubby.

Leaner
Treena

No comments:

Post a Comment