Monday, January 14, 2013

And so it Begins

Monday 14/1/2013

Ok so it has been over a year since I blogged. I have not reached my body composition goals and yet I am closer than I have ever been.

Recap of 2012: was rehab of my extensive tibial stress fractures and slowly getting back into running and improving my running style to prevent further damage. I still have restrictions on this and that continues to impact my leg training. I still continued to weight train and make some change to my body composition.

Thank you to the following people who helped me in the last 12months (in no particular order):
  • My family
  • Glenda Prescutti
  • Pam Eade
  • Karen Pullen
  • Fitness friends
  • Carley my physiotherapist
  • Emma my myotherapist
  • Josh Dickinson (trainer)
Ok so today was the start of my 18week challenge and with this challenge I have set myself a huge and scary goal. I have been told that if a goal isn't scary then it isn't big enough and so I went with that idea. On the 19th May 2013 I will look stunning as I am 20% bodyfat. That goal requires me to shed 12.9% bodyfat in 18weeks. In the last 12weeks I shed 7.9% bodyfat. Can I really do this? Absolutely!!!! I have some very supportive friends, fitness buddies and family. I know there will be tough days but those days will happen regardless of whether I work towards this goal or just fluff about. I am strong!

One big thank you goes to Donna who told me when I was training with her and Glenda that there is no " I can't ". So my answer will be I can!

Along on this ride will be my training buddy Glenda Prescutti who is inspirational! She pushes herself and others to deliver their best in each and every workout so how can I not meet this goal!! On top of that she has taught me a lot about food, food prep and to try new and unusual vegetables.

Josh Dickinson is setting up, overseeing, and answering my questions regarding my nutrition and training. With his assistance and the recomp program I am going to reach my goal. He may need earplugs before this is all over, lol

I truly am thankful to my great friends who listen to me and let me vent when needed. You know who you are!

And So It Begins......

No comments:

Post a Comment